Thursday 13 August 2009

GX are poets and do know it!


Ngawa and Vally
Newborn foals run behind their mothers,
Newborn chicks toddle after the hens,
Just like this special friendship in our counterpart pair.
I have a counterpart who is amazing, fun and just unique and different.
She is very nice and caring.
I love her because she is always there to uplift my spirit when I am feeling low,
And always by my side in hard times.
How sweet it is to have such a wonderful person for a counterpart.

Mwata and Christina
We laugh
Bumping painfully along Katapola road.
We laugh
Cooking and concoctingwonderous things.
We laugh
Singing of “our favourite things”.
We laugh
In self pity when we feel alone in our net.
We laugh
Knowingly eyeing eachother, readingour thoughts.
We laugh
No matter how miserable.
We laugh
Together but most of all Mwata laughs!

Tommy and Paul
Poem on Social Action by Tommy:
I’ve come to Zambia to open my eyes,
I’ve been affected by numerous lies,
The government says tat they’re on the mend,
But they’re driving their people round the bend,
And so I reflect on home pastures green,
I realize then it’s the same story seen.
So what can I do to change people’s lives?
I’ll do what I can to open their eyes.

A Guy Called Pauly
Pauly is a Zambian guy originally from Livingstone. He loves watching soccer and Chelsea is the team he supports. Pauly loves merry making and currently has no special partner. He loves dramatic movies specifically Nigerians. He has hopes one day to be a movie star or play alongside Didier Drogba.

Jackson and Eliot
Viva, spending time together.
Abash, Being together never.
Viva, Nyanja speak forever.
Abash, our problems being our tether.
Viva, to be friends is our endeavour.

Fatness and Ness
A Poem for My Counterpart by Fatness
We were living in Swansea.
My cp was really lovely and welcoming.
We really used to have a wonderful time together.
She supported me in so many ways.
She is really amazing and a great person.
We spend time together.
She is my inspiration.

A Poem About My Counterpart by Ness
My counterpart is really amazing,
She helps meeveryday.
She gives meadvice, she shares her thoughts,
She helps me find my way.
My counterpart is really special,
The strongest person I know,
She’s beautiful and understated,
Her friendship has mademegrow.
My counterpart is really amazing,
She evenbrins me breakfast in bed.
She looks after mewhen my backaches,
And makes sure I’malways wellfed.
My counterpart is really special,
Being her friend makes me proud,
Every time I’m with her it feels…
Like I’m bouncing along on a cloud.
My counterpart is really amazing,
When I leave here I will miss her.
Nikukonda with all my heart Fatness,
Thank you for being my sister.

Prudence and Maggie
Maggie Thomas, Maggie Thomas…
Who is Maggie Thomas?...
Maggie Thomas is my counterpart pair…
She is being good to me…
A friend, a sister, a mom and everything I have never come across.

Jessy and Mwansa
This is a story all about how,
Mwansa and Jessy met in Swansea town.
We’d like to take a minute - just sit right there,
We’ll tell you how we became Mwansa and Jessy pair.
On April 1st 2009 Dom and Henry made the beautiful pair.
We moved into our house with Jan and Mike
Where we stayed for one month never did we fight.
We went through everything good and bad too,
But we chatted and we hugged,
Everything we got through.
Now we are here in Chipata having so much fun,
Mwansa and Jessy ever stronger we become!

Matembe Song
Matembe
Mm mm ah
You wake up
Mm mm ah
You walk
Mm mm ah
You work
Mm mm ah
You have fun
Mm mm ah
You come back
Mm mm ah
You want to
Mm mm ah
Relax
Mm mm ah
Matembe
Mm mm ah
I like it
Mm mm ah
Your support
Mm mm ah
Your maturity
Mm mm ah
Your understanding
Mm mm ah
Your commitment
Mm mm ah
To GX
Mm mm ah
WONDUF!!!

Naomi, Charlotte, Franklin
We are a merry counterpart three,
Naomi, Franklin and Charlottey.
In Swansea we had lots of fun –
We ate welshcakes and lots of buns.
Now the terrific trio are in Zambia-
They’ve swapped their welshcakes for nshima.
A happy three we may be
But we’re no poets as you can see!

2 comments:

  1. Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked no lightning they
    Do not go gentle into that good night.

    Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

    Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
    Do not go gentle into that good night.

    Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
    Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

    And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not my words! I find poetry in my soul only after a bottle of wine ...but these above are the words of the great ( Swansea boy) Dylan Thomas - my fave poem, for you GX

    ReplyDelete